04 May We Are on Your Team!
We are on your team! Above all, we want to see your family and our community remain healthy and safe.
What we are doing to make sure that happens here at Compass Pediatrics:
- We will advocate that each child maintains their well-child appointments, especially those that include immunizations.
- We will continue to offer Telemedicine visits for appropriate visit types to minimize traffic in our office.
- We will continue to maintain a high level of cleanliness with consistent and heightened cleaning procedures.
- We will continue to wear masks to maintain our safety and yours.
- We will stay up to date with the most recent evidence and recommendations from reliable resources.
What you can do:
- Each person 2 years of age and over to wear a mask or face covering while in public, including our office, as recommended by the CDC.
- Maintain cleanliness by doing frequent handwashing and wiping of commonly touched surfaces.
- Maintain your child/children’s well-child exams. Especially those that include immunizations.
- Continue to practice social distancing by minimizing outings that are not necessary and maintaining 6 feet of distance from others.
This recent article by NPR states the concern that many doctors and healthcare professionals have about the dangers of vaccine-preventable illnesses becoming a serious concern as many parents are fearful to bring their children to these routine visits:
“To prevent outbreaks of serious diseases that pose an even greater threat to children than COVID-19, it’s imperative that the kids not skip their usual shots…if too many other parents delay or skip their well-child checks and vaccinations, ‘we may have a generation that may be under-vaccinated. You run the risk of these diseases making a ‘come back,’ ‘ ”
We want to see our community be as healthy as they can. So let’s all do our best to be a good neighbor! “…look not only to your own interests but also to the interests of others.” Philippians 2:4
Scott Huitink, MD FAAP
Dr. Scott Huitink loves being a Pediatrician and strives to support parents in the care of their children by encouraging, educating, and providing them with up-to-date medical expertise. His passion to provide high quality, personable, pediatric care can be seen in his face-to-face visits with children, his insights provided through his Facebook Page–“Compass Peds”, and his interest in improving the well-being of the community around him. Dr. Huitink has a wide array of experience in the care of children from newborns to young adults and has been instrumental in the education and implementation of clinical standards. He is Board Certified in Pediatrics and is a member of the American Academy of Pediatrics and can be found seeing patients in the Nashville area at Compass Pediatrics.